Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year!


I can't believe another year has passed, and what a year 2013 has been! It has introduced me to a community of inspiring, radiant human beings, given me many beautiful memories, taught me so much about myself raising my awareness of my own physical and mental well being and how I am the controller of my future, taken me to new places, inspired new hobbies and interests and bought me closer to my family, friends and the world around me. However it has not all been laughs and smiles; there have been hurdles, crying, disappointments and difficult decisions but it is the challenges that life throws at us that makes us stronger, and I am feeling more confident and content not only to face whatever the world throws at me but also with accepting who I am.

The tradition is to make a new years resolution, but why focus on the negativity of the past when there are so many possibilities awaiting us. 2014 has so much to offer and I am ready to grasp every moment and make it a memory I cherish forever. We don't need to change, create a better version of ourselves or the perfect life, we just need to step back and appreciate what wonders are already in our lives and embrace our flaws and imperfections because that is what makes us who we are. 

Rather than create a list of changes why not create a list of ambitions? What would you like to achieve this year? Here are my top 8 ambitions for 2014:
  1. To stretch for at least 10 mins every morning to awaken my body and mind and prepare me for the day.
  2. Read more! I really need to get off youtube and instagram aha I am literally attached to anything electronic!
  3. Make a conscious effort to be positive and wipe away any self criticism or negativity.
  4. To continue my journey on a high carb low fat vegan lifestyle and experiment with being fully raw.
  5. Spend more time with friends and family, surrounding myself with positive energy and enjoying the world around me. 
  6. To pass my driving test.
  7. Travel! I am now 18 so can freely explore the world without holding my parents hand.
  8. Stop procrastinating and be more decisive.

I am so grateful for every moment that 2013 has brought, both good and bad, because they are what have allowed me to grow and progress into a happier, healthier human being. I will keep smiling and I will keep on walking into the sunshine and I hope you all will join me <3

Please coment below with your thoughts of this post and new years ambitions I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment