Tuesday 14 January 2014

Magic minty pea dressing

Being new to eating more raw food, my knowledge of raw food creations is pretty limited so I tend to make the same recipes as they are what I feel comfortable with. But not anymore! I've decided to be more rebellious and free spirited and stumbled across this wonderful dressing that goes great with anything but I particularly love with zucchini noodles.


 Ingredients

  • 2.5 cups peas (mine were defrosted from frozen but you can cook if you prefer)
  • 5-8 fresh mint leaves
  • 1/2 red onion chopped
  • 1 large hot chilli (alter according to how much spice you like)
  • 1/2 lime juiced
This recipe is so quick and simple it is ridiculous! You simply place all the ingredients in a blender and whizz it up! I like to leave it slighty chunky but you can make it into more of a puree. 


Hints and tips

  • to defrost the peas quickly simply place in a bowl with luke warm water for a few mins it works a charm.
  • to prevent your eyes running when chopping the onion dab underneath your eyes with a damp cloth.
  • DON'T touch anything sensitive i.e. your eyes after chopping the chilli it will burn!

 Et Voila!

One of my favourite ways to enjoy this dressing is over zucchini pasta! Simply julienne 4-6 large zucchinis and mix with 2 cups of plum tomatoes, mix in the dressing and your done!

Other ideas:

  • make it a starter as a soup, adding chooped tomatoes and zucchini to create that rustic effect
  • makes a great dip for vegetable crudites
  • goes well in a giant salad with lots of lettuce and all of your favourite vegetables
  • try it with a rawtill4 meal on top of jacket or steamed potatoes, or an alternative dressing for noodles, rice or pasta
Experiment, have fun and enjoy! Comment below on your thoughts of this recipe and tag me on instagram if you try it my name is @smiletohealth. Don't forget the 'get in touch' page, I'd love to recieve more emails from such a wonderful opportunity and I am always up for any post arrivals :)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment