Monday 13 January 2014

Lush product review!


When I first transtitioned to a vegan lifestyle I only applied it to my diet and was unaware of how much of our daily lifestyle it actually involves. A particular aspect of this is cosmetics, and when I looked on the back of my foundation bottle the long list of chemicals was appaling! How can I be living naturally if I was putting all these chemicals on my skin? Not to mention the horrific ways in which they were tested!
So I began looking around for all natural vegan products and stumbled across 'LUSH', a place I had always loved for their creative and natural bath bombs but little did I realise they did makeup too! On enetering the store I had never met more friendly people who were so willing to help, and we actually began disccusing our passion for animal protection as everyone who works in store is vegetarian and vegan. It was heart warming to be surrounded by people with a pride in their products and the world around them.

Anyway... (I babble a lot sorry, I guess I like to write)

All products are free of harsh chemicals, sensitive on the skin and naturally fragranced to leave you feeling beautiful! I was so gratefull they were able to recommend products they have used themselves as well as what works best for my skin type. Plus, it was far more affordable than your usual makeup, I only spent £30 on the foundation, mascara, blusher and tooth tabs when I used to spend that much just on my foundation! 

Foundation: I mix a bit of this with an all natural mosituriser I use every morning (I suffer from dried skin due to having severe eczema as a child) and it gives a light but even coverage that blends perfectly with my complexion and doesn't give that 'caked on' look. They had so many different shades so it will be easy to find the right one for you!

Mascara: Often mascara was the only thing I used to wear as I take pride in my eyes and like to exaggerate them, however typical mascaras left my eyes itchy for days or always used to clog up on the ends of my lashes. Not this one! I have honestly never used a mascara that doesn't give me that horrid discomfort! It gives a lovely all natural look but you would have to layer it on thick if you desire a bolder look.

Blusher: Don't you just hate that grainy effect? Well this blusher is a cream that you rub into your cheeks and get an adorable little rosy glow. However, be careful how much you apply you don't need much and on my first attempt I looked like a clown aha :) 

Toothy tabs: I have always been super paranoid about my teeth since having really goofy teeth and braces when I was younger, so this all vegan toothpaste is brilliant. It's so easy to use and I no longer have to use mouthwash! They have loads of different flavours but I played it safe with the minty one as didn't want to risk a cinnamon one first thing aha! All you do is bite one tab between your two front teeth then brush with a wet toothbrush, simple!

I'm not sure if you can purchase Lush products in all countries but it is definitely worth taking a look! And I will keep you updated on what other products I try, I am definitely tempted by the all natural shampoos and conditioners. 

What produtcs do you love? Comment below I would love to hear about them and maybe trial them myself x

No comments:

Post a Comment